Most of my demos are going to use Visual Basic 2010 Express (a free development studio from Microsoft). This download is about 600MB.
Visual Studio Express 2012 requires Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 with 2GB minimum of memory with 3GB hard drive space and a 1.6Ghz processor or more.
How to download and Installing Visual Studio Express 2010.
2. Click Install now (save vb_web.exe)
3. Run vb_web.exe
4. Click next
5. Select I have read and accept the licence.
6. Click Install
7. Click Exit when Done
9. Download VS10sp1-KB983509.exe
10. Click Next to install Visual Studio Service Pack 1
11. Click next then click I have read and accept the licence terms then click next (this will download about 500MB).
12. You should now have Visual Studio Express Installed.
13. Check your Windows for software updates.
Future posts will show you how to develop programs in Visual Studio Express (Visual Basic) 2010. If you are a Mac user I will get into Apple’s Objective C with XCode but for now you can install Visual Studio in a Virtual Machine on OSX.
If you are keen read some of these guides.